Allison's Yammy Tacos (vegetarian)
2-3 medium yams (peeled and large cubed)
1/2 medium red onion (chopped)
1 red bell pepper (chopped)
2-4 Tb butter
1-2 Tb brown sugar
1 15oz can black beans (drained/rinsed)
10-12 yellow/white corn tortillas
Garnish- sour cream, lettuce, avocado, and cotija cheese (the cotija cheese adds so much flavor, it's worth buying)
1. Boil water for peeled/cube yams, cook for 10-15 minutes until soft.
2. Meanwhile cook the chopped onions and bell pepper in skillet until softened, using butter.
3. Drain cooked yams and chop into smaller pieces. Add to skillet of onions/pepper. Add more butter and brown sugar. Cook for 5 minutes.
4. Add drained/rinsed black beans to mixture, cook for a few minutes to warm.
5. Warm up corn tortillas, fill with a few spoonfulls of yam mixture, and garnish.
This is a favorite recipe that I made up a few years ago. I have made it for many skeptical meat loving friends. It is always a favorite and is often requested by friends and family. It will not disappoint : )